Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sad Babies...Crazy day!

I have sad babies today! My little Landon is sick! He seems to have some virus that they hope will pass in a few days, it's giving him an awful temperature that is pretty high and it's been a little scary! But we're hoping that it's almost over! Lilli however just tonight started having a fever so I'm fearing that she's starting to go through the same thing.

Monday was pretty hectic for me, Chris was at work and Landon's temperature got up to 105! I called the doctor and they told me to get his core temp down fast and bring him in a little later or take him to the hospital if I couldn't get it to subside. Luckily I was able to get his temp back under control and we made it to our appointment later in the afternoon!

However, I had been wrestling with his temperature all morning, as well as taking care of the three of them and it was only as we were leaving to go to the doctors appointment that I remembered that I had a paper due for my research class and it had to be turned in by midnight. I go to the University of Phoenix so it's all online. (In case you don't know me all that well, I will gather all the research necessary for my papers ahead of time but procrastinate my acutal writing of the paper till the absolute last minute, because that is the only way for me to get out my best writing! I know it sounds crazy, but it's a process I have had since high school, and I have done it the other way and my writing is just garbage in comparison. So now I embrace it and don't even try to fight it!)

I ran back into the house and grabbed all my research materials and a pen and a notebook and headed to the doctors office. I guess it was lucky for me that I was able to drop off Carson and Lilli with my parents, so that Chris could come along to hold Landon. I guess it was also lucky that we waited in the doctor's office 45 minutes past our appointment time before we were even seen.

It was probably funny to see me hunched over with papers everywhere writing away...and I was in such a zone it was amazing! It was a frenzy of writing and by the time the doc came in I had the paper almost entirely written!

I stopped at my parents to pick up the kids, we hung out for a bit and had dinner got home by 8 and my paper was done and posted by 9:30 and everything turned out ok in that aspect.

Landon is now on day 4 of being under the weather and i'm hoping that it will pass soon! I'm worried Lilli is on the same path and I'm just hoping that it doesn't make it's way around to all 5 of us! Chris has been able to be home with me helping me out though due to some bad weather here, so that has been a huge help!

I just hate when my babies are sad! Here's to hoping it ends soon!

No comments:

Wonderful Days Since My Life Changed