Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some more random thoughts

So my mind is a crazy place. Anyone who really knows me knows that I am the kind of person who has to be going going going like at all times. My mind is even going when I'm sleeping I think that's why I feel as if I never get a good nights sleep. I've got so many ideas and thoughts, dreams, and plans. Don't get me wrong I do give myself time to relax and enjoy life, I'm just not comfortable unless I've got things going on the majority of the time. Any how I thought it'd be nice to just get out some of my random thoughts in an effort to clear some space in my head...probably just for new thoughts. It's therapeutic right?

Happy New Year!
Lately I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions for 2009. I'm happy with my life, and my family but we're not perfect and there is a huge list of things we could tweak, change, add, subtract that I believe would make us a stronger family. So the last couple of days I've been compiling a list of resolutions for the Burt family for the new year. They range from less tantrums for the kids, to less negativity in our house, financial resolutions, to spiritual ones. I think I like having them all written out and in front of me so that I can try to keep us on track. It's a bit of a long list and I know we wont probably get to them all but hopefully we'll get to the most important ones. My plan is to take them one at a time so we don't get overwhelmed. I'm planning to have a FHE and go over our Family Resolutions.

Tough Season of Football
I'm bummed because the none of my "Teams" made it to the playoffs. The Jets, Cowboys, Packers, and Raiders all let me down this season. With my personal hero Brett Favre leading the Jets this season I had such high hopes for them, but alas I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Not even Indy made it in...bummer. I was looking forward to the superbowl, but I gotta admit I'm not all that stoked anymore. I guess I'm rooting for either the Eagles or the Cardinals.

5's a Good Number
So over the last couple of months Chris and I have come to the decision that we do wanna have more kids. Two more in fact! But we both know that right now is not the right time. I gotta say though that with my friends all getting preggers lately I was starting to feel like I wanted to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon. I even thought I might be prego a couple of months ago...but I wasn't and at first I was sad. I'm ok now though. I decided I really do not want to be prego right now! Now is good the way it is besides I've got my hands totally full with my three little rugrats, and school, and work. yep I'm super okay waiting for the right time to have more babies. Chris and I have never been the kind of people who want every aspect of life to be perfect before we have kids, you know be settle, be in a good financial place... We decided a long time ago that if we waited for that we'd never have kids. You're never going to have every aspect be perfect. I mean look at me and Chris we're never settled we move like every time our lease is up, we've moved 8 times since we got married! And we are defiantly never in a good financial place. Instead we wait until we feel like it's the right time, and sometimes we aren't even there but God knows we are and he gives us another baby. (it's good they take 9 months to get here cuz it takes me a while to get on board and ready!)Besides Chris and I fly by the seat of your pants kind of people. But anyways this time it just isn't the right time. This time we do need some time to get things in order and settled. I am thankful though for Chris. He's so wonderful he is happy with whatever makes me happy. I was scared to tell him I think we are meant to have more babies, but he just told me, who was he to tell me no. He'd be happy having 5 more kids if it would make me smile. I love him he's wonderful. And hey now he's on board and looking forward to having more too...but not for a few more years....hopefully. (but if it does happen, we'll manage just like we always do.)

That's all I got for now, I'll post again later...I am trying to be better.

No comments:

Wonderful Days Since My Life Changed