Sunday, November 16, 2008

Some random thoughts.

So I'm just sitting around this evening with all these random thoughts floating around in my head. First of all I wanna brag a little. I was driving out to the store last night and I always pass by this gas station right by our house, it tends to be one of the cheapest in the city, and last night I almost crashed because I couldn't believe what I saw. Gas was down to $1.86!!!! It was so awesome! So it gave me hope that things will be getting back to normal economy wise. Everyone has been so down and everyone I know has been having financial issues. So I'm hoping that things will start to pick up. I know money isn't everything but having one less thing to worry about sure makes me happy! I also was thinking how bored I am lately. I took three weeks off of school to just take a moment and chill, spend time with the kids, and get some stuff in order, but I'm bored having nothing to do. I decided that I'm the kind of person who gets more done when things are crazy and hectic! I work better under pressure. I like to juggle and keep busy. Chris is so the opposite it's funny, but I think we do pretty well to find a balance and compromise. I realized today that with out the pressure of school I did not really get anything done on my list of what I wanted to do. Now I'm in my last week and I bet you I'll find a way to cram it all into this last week...cuz I like it crazy! My final thought for today is that I miss home! Me and Chris want to move back so badly! But we're just not sure it's the right thing to do. We've been doing really good lately to suppress those feelings and move on with life but it's getting harder and harder. It seems like every time we talk to someone from Utah everyone has something great going on that we're missing and desperately want to be a part of! It's a difficult choice because our hearts are in Utah, and if it were just us we'd move but I just can not bear to separate my family from the kids and visa verse. Everyone is so attached and I don't have the heart to do it to either one of them. Carson is torn too. He tells me everyday he wants to be with his uncles, aunts and his grandparents in Utah but I tell him that means we'd have to be far away from our family here and he cries. I miss him having that family around him. They were good for him. Me and Chris like it here in Texas but we feel like our lives are in Utah and we feel like we're just missing everything that's going on there...it hurts. We'll pray about it and see what happens. For now that's all.

2 comments:

Diamond in the Rough said...

I know how it goes being away from family or having to live close to one family but far away from another. Prayer works. Jess and I are planning on having the "Friends" Christmas Dinner at our house this year. Are you guys going to be in town??? LMK and we'll work around your schedule.

Giannina said...

Oh hey we actually found out today that we will be in town! We get in on the 11th and we're there until Christmas eve. Let me know what you were thinking and we'll try to make it work with our schedule. How fun! I'm super excited!

Wonderful Days Since My Life Changed