Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Toy Giraffe?


Let me start by saying that I have no spatial reasoning. I have a creative mind, and a lot of creative thoughts, but my mind lacks that part that allows you to imagine space. I can't look at a taken apart anything and imagine how it goes, I can't look at an empty gutted house and see how it will look in my mind with walls. I have no sense of measurements and what they mean. With that said, I came across a pattern for a bunch of different animals to crochet while looking for late-night projects and decided it would be kind of cool to challenge myself and give one a try. I picked this cute giraffe and thought, what a cute little toy for the new little baby. I got my yarn, and started crocheting. After like only 3 sleepless nights I had all the pieces done and it was time to assemble. I started sewing together all my giraffe parts, and before I knew it I was holding a 2 foot giraffe...not quite the little toy I was imagining...but cute non the less. I looked at the measurements beforehand that's the funny part, but they meant nothing to me...and I ended up with a 2 foot giraffe nursery decoration instead of a toy. Nonetheless I was pretty impressed with myself!

2 comments:

Diamond in the Rough said...

You are amazing. The Giraffe is sooo cute!

Giannina said...

oh thanks! I've been working on some other stuff that I'll have to post soon!

Wonderful Days Since My Life Changed