Monday, October 27, 2008

Apartment Woes.

So we had the worst week last week! Chris had his brother in town and they had taken my brothers and Carson and gone to a Dallas Stars hockey game, meanwhile I was at my parents house working on a project for them. Chris made it home late that night, oh it was last Saturday the 18th, and calls me saying that our apartment was flooded. That he had come home and the master bathroom was flooded with an inch of water and the carpets in the bedroom and all were wet. He called and they told him that a lady on the third floor moved out and broken a pipe when she unhooked her washer from the apartment. They told him that the water had been turned off and that there would be no more water and that it would not get any worse and that the next day they would come and bring some fans to dry up the water. I ended up staying at my folks that night and the next day when I came home Chris greeted me at the door with a look on his face like I've never seen. That moring he and Nick woke up and it was soooo much worse! The carpets over a third of our apartment were soaked up to like the top of the baseboards, the ceilings were dripping, and you could hear the water rushing down the inside of the walls. It was horrible so I packed up the kids and we had to move into my parents house for a week. Needless to say the pipe was broken down farther than they thought, and the water had not been turned off properly. It took the entire week for them to fix up are apartment. We're currently in negotiations with them for some sort of compensation or new apartment. It's liveable now finally but wow it was bad! I'm worried about mold. Anyway it was a tough, trying week, but we made it through it. I'm thankful to my parents for taking us all in for a week. I just realized even more that I am so tired of apartment living!!!! I'm holding on to the hope that someday we will be able to buy a house. Still the problem is that we dont know where Chris will get into dental school so we are scared to buy. We dont want to move and get stuck with a house we can't sell. So someday when we move to wherever Chris gets into we'll finally hopefully buy a house! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Diamond in the Rough said...

Holy Smokes!!! That is crazy. How's the negotiating going? Are you in a new apartment???

Giannina said...

We didn't manage to get into a new apartment or even to get out of our lease, but we did get a crew of people out here to "make it good as new" I guess that will work for now. We will be moving when our lease is up though. Only 6months to go.

Wonderful Days Since My Life Changed